Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Girls Weekend

Dear Em,
A couple weekends ago, Daddy went camping. While he was viewing this...


We were enjoying the weekend as just the girls (& Joey & Charlie). On Friday night, you & I headed to the URI pool.


We woke up early on Saturday with a day full of plans. After enjoying a bounce house birthday party, we stopped to get a couple Awful Awfuls (on top of the two pieces of cake you had at the party! Whatever. It was girls weekend. Anything goes, right?). Then we did a little bit of shopping. I love having a shopping buddy. We weren't even shopping for you, but you were happy to browse the racks & give me your opinion in the dressing room.


Next we bundled up & headed down to Narragansett. There were scarecrows everywhere, & you ran around looking at each one. I think the bride & the groom were your favorites. The bright blue sky was sprinkled with cotton ball clouds. We walked around & enjoyed the ocean air for a while. Then you built rock towers until it was time to go home for dinner.


Sunday was another busy day. We got up early & headed to the pumpkin patch at Buttonwoods Farm. We met up with some of my girlfriends from high school & their adorable littles. This was the fourth year we've come together at Buttonwoods. It's become such a wonderful & fun tradition. I love seeing how much all the kids have grown each year & watching you all play together.


When we returned home from the pumpkin patch, you ran inside excitedly to find Daddy sitting on the couch. We were so happy to welcome Daddy back from his adventure. Our girls weekend was a blast, but being together as a family always puts the biggest smile in my heart.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...