Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Wine Tasting Birthday Party


Dear Em,
To celebrate another birthday, your Daddy threw me a wine tasting birthday party last week. He sent out a facebook invite to our friends, got a couple bottles of our favorite wine, & encouraged everyone to bring their favorite/an interesting bottle of wine. Your daddy even cleaned the house & set up some appetizers.


Before your bedtime, you got to enjoy the party too. You love parties & food. You'll have to wait a long time for wine though. There were so many wines! Some people brought wine from a local vineyard, some brought something new they wanted to try. I've seen other parties with a set-up to take notes on each wine. We took more mental notes. Like, "mmmm, this is yummy. We should get this the next time we're at the store."

We brought out the board games & had a hilarious time tasting wine & playing games. 


It may not sound like your idea of an exciting birthday bash, but to me it was just perfect. I love your Daddy for putting it all together for me...even if his lips are dyed purple whenever he drinks wine.


I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...