Friday, May 4, 2012

love letters

Dear Em,
You have a lot of strengths, but patience is not one of them. Funny thing? I remember my grandma saying the same thing about me when I was a little girl (ok, maybe that was only 5 years ago). On days where you're especially impatient (which typically correspond to days where you're running low on sleep), meltdowns can occur. Meltdowns can occur over things like you want chicken nuggets but don't want to wait the two minutes it takes to cook them.

One of my good friends got you the book Llama Llama Red Pajama along with the matching stuffed animal. It's been a favorite of yours ever since, & for a little while you dragged your llama everywhere. Our copy of the book is actually held together with tape. It's been very lovingly abused by your little hands. When I read it with you, I can't help but smile & think of how the little llama sometimes reminds me of you.

"Baby Llama, what a tizzy! Sometimes Mama's very busy.
Please stop all this llama drama and be patient for your mama.
Little Llama don't you know, Mama Llama loves you so?
Mama Llama's always near, even if she's not right here."
- from Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney

I don't know that this book has taught you much patience, but it's such a cute read. Plus, maybe if we keep reading, someday you'll be able to wait two whole minutes for your chicken nuggets.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...